Civil Engineering Internship - Construction and Project Management Firm
Gain experience in the exciting field of engineering as an intern at one of our hosting companies.
About host company
This hosting company in Melbourne is a reinforcement specialist that offers a range of different services. Specifically, the company offers project management, reinforcement detailing, concrete package estimating/bill of quantities, construction technical consulting, and structural drafting.
About the role
- Learn and demonstrate the interpretation of all project relevant documentation to produce marking plans and bar lists to be used in production/manufacturing and onsite placement of reinforcing products and accessories
- Assist in maintaining a scheduling calendar to ensure that bar lists and marking plans are produced to meet delivery dates and production lead-times
- Attend operational and management meetings as required (including site visits)
- Ability to read and interpret structural and architectural drawings
- Produce marking plans (RDP)
- Read projects and extract relevant information
- Produce requests for information (RFI's) to assist project coordinators
- Capacity to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Highly organised with the capability to prioritise and meet deadlines, outstanding time management skills