Our Professional Internship Program is aimed at fresh and eager professionals looking to kick-start their career. Having been experience-hungry individuals ourselves, we understand the difficulty and importance students and graduates place when it comes to getting your foot in the door. Our platform, bridges this gap for the next generation.
Under the BSBIND201 Work effectively in a business environment course, our 12-week program ensures you a smooth transition from your Academics to the Professional workforce, which you will be able to attribute as all-important work experience on your resume.
We will match your skills to the right internship placement for you, taking into consideration your goals, areas of expertise, work experience, location and training needs. Candidates achieve excellent program and employment outcomes and opportunities - with over 70% of our candidates being offered ongoing employment by their respective hosting companies.
As one of Australia’s fastest-growing Work Integrated Learning providers, we partner with over 3,700 host companies across 20 sectors to ensure a holistic learning experience.
Program Highlights and Inclusions
- Resume Amendment Services
- Interview Preparation
- Formal Training Agreement
- 12-week internship placement into a host organisation in your nominated field of work
- Formal Placement evaluation reviews
Assignment of a Placement Consultant to mentor, coach and offer career advice throughout
BSBIND201 Work effectively in a business environment Statement of Attainment on successful completion of the program
Workers Compensation and Public Liability Insurance
Our Professional Internship Program is nationally recognised by ASQA as a vocational training course. In undertaking your Placement, you will be working towards and be assessed for the national unit of competency: BBSIND201 Work effectively in a business environment.
We are dedicated to helping students and graduates get a foot in the door of their respective chosen industries. In undertaking our Professional Internship Program, students and graduates will be able to develop skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Working within organisational requirements
- Establishment of professional and effective work habits and mannerisms
In achieving and developing these skills, students and graduates will have the opportunity to:
- Observe and part-take in business operations and meetings
- Practice professional writing skills including emails, agendas, and reports
- Establish workplace relationships and build a professional network
- Build professional business communication skills
- Understanding application of workplace legislation
Phase 1: Preparation & Interviews
The initial phase of our Professional Internship Program involves preparations and interviews prior to your 12 Week Placement. Upon signing up to the program, you will be assigned a Placement Consultant who will be working alongside yourself throughout the Internship process. They will discuss with you your requirements and career goals; working together with you in polishing your resume to Australian business standards and perfecting your interview skills. Whilst all this is going on, the team will be matching your skills and needs in arranging interviews to one of our 3,700 host companies we work with.
Phase 2: 12 Week Professional Internship Placement
The 12 Week Professional Internship Placement will allow you to gain exposure to local industry practices in your nominated field of work. Premium Graduate Placements specialises in a range of internship industries such as Human Resources, Information Technology, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, Engineering and Science amongst others. Check our Industry Sectors page for more information.
The Internship Program includes a number of assessments to be completed alongside your Placement in working towards your certificate of attainment. Completion of these training modules and assessments is compulsory in successfully progressing in the program.
There are 3 Assessments to be completed to successfully complete the program:
- Week 2: Knowledge Assessment
- Week 4: Workplace Knowledge Assessment
- Week 8: Workplace Team Work Assessment
Upon successful completion of the program, students will receive
- A nationally accredited Statement of Attainment for the BSBIND201 Work effectively in a business environment program
- A Premium Graduate Certificate of Completion of the Professional Internship Program
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Adequate level of written and verbal English
- Completed or enrolled in a degree or diploma in the area of your nominated internship placement
- Availability of a minimum of three days per week during business hours for placement
- Comply with the Premium Graduate Student Code of Conduct as a course provider of the BSBIND201 and maintenance of professional standards and attitudes at all times when liaising with Premium Graduate and the hosting company
Unsure if you are eligible for our program? Contact our team today